Get better at it
Do you consider sleep to be a fundamental aspect of your life?
"Many of us acknowledge the necessity and importance of quality sleep, yet many do not give sleep, or the process of sleep much thought or consideration. That is unless the act of attaining quality sleep becomes interrupted, or no longer achievable. According to a 2018 study, while 65% of people believed sleep to be essential in the following days effectiveness, only 10% of those prioritized sleep among the rest of their daily tasks" (NSF, 2018).
Signs of HEALTHY Sleep
- You fall asleep within 15-20 minutes of lying down to sleep.
- You regularly sleep a total of seven to nine hours in a 24-hour period.
- While in your bed, your sleep is continuous—you don’t have long periods of lying awake when you wish to be sleeping.
- You wake up feeling refreshed, as if you’ve “filled the tank.”
- You feel alert and are able to be fully productive throughout the waking hours (note, it’s natural for people to feel a dip in alertness during waking hours, but with healthy sleep, alertness returns).
- Your partner or family members do not notice any disturbing or out of the ordinary behavior from you while you sleep, such as snoring, pauses in breathing, restlessness, or otherwise nighttime behaviors.
Download the Sleep Diary to establish your Sleep Foundation
National Sleep Foundation duration recommendations
Common Sleep Needs
Binaural Frequency Following
Binaural Frequency Apps
Jump to another Back-to-Basics Fundamental that will directly impact your Sleep below
Current Sleep Review Topics
Current Global Sleep Topics
© Copyright Sup-H